What is K9 Advantix® II?
- A monthly topical application that starts to work before fleas and ticks bite, protecting your dog from future infestations and unnecessary bites
- Controls fleas (including all life stages) and all major species of ticks including deer ticks that can transmit Lyme disease. K9 Advantix® II also kills lice and mosquitoes
- Reduces biting from mosquitoes and stable flies
- Remains effective after swimming and bathing*
*Flea shampoo, medicated or human shampoos, and/or dish detergents are not recommended
Do not use K9 Advantix® II on cats.
How does it work?
K9 Advantix® II is applied to the skin down the back of the dog. From there, it spreads evenly as a thin layer over the skin surface and is locked in the oils of the dog’s skin rather than being absorbed internally. When parasites such as fleas, ticks, mosquitoes and lice come in contact with the skin of a treated dog, the parasites’ nervous system becomes affected. The parasites quickly become uncoordinated and die. K9 Advantix® II works through contact and does not require the pest to start feeding on your pet in order to be killed. Reducing biting keeps pets comfortable and can help to prevent disease transmission.
How does K9 Advantix® II benefit my dog and my family?
Some flea and tick products have to be fed to your dog. This means that fleas and ticks have to bite your pet and keep biting until enough of the drug has been absorbed by the parasite. The active ingredients in K9 Advantix® II stay on the outside of the pet where they can kill pests through contact. Biting is not required!
K9 Advantix® II provides protection against a broad range of parasites, including deer ticks which can transmit Lyme disease. It even controls all life stages of fleas (not just the adults).
Peace of mind
The active ingredients in K9 Advantix® II stay on the outside of the pet. It is safe for puppies from 8 weeks of age and is suitable for most elderly dogs and pregnant pets, too!
Want to learn more about the benefits of K9 Advantix® II?
Download K9 Advantix® II Brochure
Where can I buy K9 Advantix® II?
K9 Advantix® II is available for purchase from your veterinarian. In some provinces, you can purchase K9 Advantix® II from your veterinary clinic without the need for a client relationship. Don’t have a veterinarian? Find one that carries K9 Advantix® II near you using the clinic finder tool.
How to apply to your dog
K9 Advantix® II comes in a pre-measured applicator tube according to your dog’s weight. It easily spreads on the skin to provide full-body flea, tick, mosquito and lice protection through contact.
Follow these easy steps:
Remove collar prior to application. Remove one applicator tube from the package.
Hold applicator tube upright and pull cap off.
Turn cap around and place other end of cap back on tube.
Twist cap to break the seal, then remove cap from tube.
Starting at your dog’s shoulder blades, part the hair.
Apply K9 Advantix® II evenly and directly to the skin on multiple spots along your dog’s back by squeezing out the tube’s contents.
Be sure to empty the entire tube by the end of the application. Do not rub the product into the skin; allow it to dry naturally.
- K9 Advantix® II is toxic for cats if they ingest the product while it is still drying on a treated dog. In a multi-pet household, cats should be separated from treated dogs for a minimum of 12 hours. Never use K9 Advantix® II on cats.
- Keep your dog off furniture and hardwood floors until K9 Advantix® II dries.
- Flea shampoo, medicated or human shampoos and/or dish detergents are not recommended.
- Only use K9 Advantix® II on the skin of your dog – never administer orally.
Important – DO NOT USE ON CATS
If this product is applied to or ingested by a cat, contact your veterinarian immediately.